Best Foreign Currency Exchange Services in Swanston Street
Swanston Street is one the major streets in the Central business district of Melbourne City. It is globally renowned as the busiest tram corridor. This is because of the buildings heritage and popular international shopping points. It’s also home to a lot of currency exchange shops, probably because it’s a central location for both locals and tourists but it can also get a bit crazy.
If you’d like to avoid the lines but still get great rates, you might be interested in our online currency exchange service. We’ve introduced a simple concept;
Order your travel money online and it will arrive at your home address within 5 business days. We have the best rates in Australia, guaranteed.
No traffic, no parking, no lines. Simple, convenient, secure and unbeatable rates. If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, click here to check out our rates and learn more.
Other Currency Exchange options in Swanston Street;
Travel money Oz – Travel money Oz Swanston Street is one of the points you can exchange your money. It is the most preferred if Google rating is anything to go by.
Pros of using Travel Money Oz;
- They open from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on weekends.
- They are rated 4.3 out of 5 after 6 Google reviews
- They offer about 61 currencies at the moment
- They have a 14-day exchange rate guarantee
- They have better rates than banks (not as good as us though 😉 )
- They also have a travel money Oz app and currency card
- Their opening is limited-Not 24/7
- They do not have an online exchange services
- You have to visit the store to pick up your currency
United Currency exchange – This is another currency exchange option located in Swanston Street.
- Good opening hours: They open between 9 am to 9 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 6:30 pm on weekends.
- You can place online orders (but must pick them up in store)
- They only offer 38 currencies
- They have Google ratings of 4.0 out of 5 after 33 reviews (not terrible but could be better)
- They do not accept credit or debit cards
Unimoni Australia – Unimoni offers foreign currency exchange services. It is also a global money transfer provider.
- They offer more than 60 currencies
- Zero commissions or fees
Travelex – Travelex is found inside the HSBC.
- They offer online rates and travel cards
- They offer swift services
- Zero commissions or fees
- Better fees than banks (but don’t match our best rate guarantee)
- Limited opening hours: They are open from 9:30 to 16:00 on Monday to Thursday. They close at 17:00 on Friday and they do not open on weekends.
- They are rated 2.7 out of 5 after 4 reviews
Banks are another popular destination for currency exchange but their rates don’t usually compare even to the currency exchange stores, let alone our online service. Still, they’re there if you’d prefer them for some reason. Branches where you can exchange your currency in Swanston Street, include Suncorp Bank, Commonwealth Bank, HSBC bank and Bank of Melbourne.
There are numerous foreign currency exchange service providers in Swanston Street and we hope the information above has been useful.
If you want the best rates (that means more travel money for your trip) and an ultra-convenient service, we hope you’ll consider our online service.
Happy and safe travels!